Are you sick and tired of HD video and sound? Do you wish you could go back to the days of analog and having to adjust the tracking on your home movies? Then retrofit your Apple device with the new VHS Camcorder app from Rarevision.
Turn your quality videos into crap and embarrass your friends with this new app that converts your iPhone/iPad into an '80s camcorder. You can even add the date and make it look like something from an old America's Funniest Home Videos episode! Check out the totally rad things this app can do:
- Realism: the most accurate app ever for simulating aged videotape recordings
- The most beautiful tape noise, static and tracking distortion the world has ever seen
- On-screen date and time graphics--you know, when cameras actually did that
- Fake the on-screen date so people think you're way younger--or older--than you really are
- Phony zoom lens feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
- Control the effect using your finger or by shaking your device during recording
- Don't think we forgot to make things sound bad--we didn't
- Easily share videos from within the app or through Camera Roll
- Built-in clip viewer for playing back, deleting and sharing clips
- Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
- Choose your frame rate: 24, 25 or 30
- HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Here are a couple YouTube videos demonstrating the app, one shot in New York City and another in the KTLA newsroom...
The VHS Camcorder app by Rarevision is available now in iTunes for $3.99 (if your an Android user like me, you'll have to pine over a future Google Play release.)