I'm gonna have to start a new series of posts called "Why I should've saved up for an iPad." Ghostbusters is one of my favorite films of the '80s and the first I really remember truly adoring as a kid. I now mainly enjoy games based on my favorite properties and when I found there are two games based on Ghostbusters, I was really excited.
The first is simply called Ghostbusters and is produced by Beeline Interactive who also gave us Smurfs' Village. The RPG game features the ability to take calls as your favorite Ghostbusters characters (or one you can build from the ground up) all over New York City. Earn money and upgrade your equipment for the next busting gig. Here is the official description and a gameplay trailer to entice you even more...
It’s Slime Time! There’s something strange in the neighborhood, and New York City has called YOU to get the ghosts out of The Big Apple. Build your own team of Ghostbusters from the ground up as you bust troublemaking spooks throughout the city. Form your own franchise in a local firehouse and answer ghostbusting calls, research and upgrade your equipment and conduct experiments to unlock better gear and tactics. Lead your elite squad of Ghostbusters through floor after floor of a haunted tower, where a malevolent evil deity has taken over, threatening to release negative psycho-kinetic energy into the streets of New York. Conquer each floor by battling the floor boss and capturing any resident ghosts. Then take down Stay Puft, The Destructor to earn special rewards, including Power Cores and rare equipment. Spooks ‘n’ spirits best beware…it’s time to bust some ghostly behind!
- Earn money and slime by capturing and collecting ghosts throughout New York City
- Climb the tower, floor by floor, by breaching slime barriers and battling floor bosses
- Conduct research to upgrade your equipment so you can bust even bigger, badder, ghosts
- Hire new Ghostbusters, and run experiments to improve and expand your franchise
- Experiment on ghosts in your containment unit to discover the secrets to beating them and to unlock new upgrades
- Explore even more of the city by purchasing permits, completing ghost busting missions, or by spending Power Cores
- It’s time to send these spooks back where they came from…or to their nearest convenient parallel dimension!
If you need another reason to check it out, the game is free to play with in-app purchasing available to advance in the game quicker. It's been endorsed by CNET, Gamezebo, and Modojo and currently holds a 4.5 star rating overall in the iTunes store. Click this link to check out Ghostbusters now in iTunes!
As mentioned earlier, I use Android so I haven't had the opportunity to official review these games. I would appreciate any feedback from iOS people in the comments!