Happy Almost Thanksgiving! Hope everyone enjoys a great meal with family and don't forget to be nice to your fellow nutjobs during the wee hours of Black Friday morn. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and since I'm in the giving spirit, here are a smorgasbord of links from this past week. Dig in!
- This book is definitely a trip back to my childhood. Sticker books were at their peak in the '80s (along with Pee-Wee's Playhouse) so this "funbook" is a match made in retro heaven.
- I love the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and this is an awesome snipit from 1985 when Masters of the Universe was on top of the cartoon world.
14 Things You Probably Didn't Know About "Dirty Dancing" - Buzzfeed
- I knew exactly two of these facts, both about Swayze's "She's Like the Wind" song. Had no idea Val Kilmer was offered the role of Johnny.
- That's right, due mainly in part to the viral video above, Bon Jovi's "Livin' On a Prayer" re-entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart at #15 last week!! I LOVE THE INTERNET!!
- I defintely buy that. Between Spike from Gremlins and the wolf from Neverending Story, I had plenty of nightmares.
- I can honestly say I knew half of these. "Bette Davis Eyes" suprised me 'cause it was a massive hit in 1981 (I think.)
- Yes, some '80s hair was bad, but I think some of these in this list were more "big" than "bad."
- This should have been designated as "girl" playsets, because leaving out the U.S.S. Flagg or Castle Greyskull would be a travesty.
- If you ever thought you were the "cougar of the '80s," here are your warning signs.
- You can now pre-order a special edition Voltron for the 30th anniversary. Comes with stand, lights, sound effects and...HOLY CRAP I want this!
Back to the 80s: Interview with songwriter/composer Steve Dorff - Kickin' it Old School
- Tim interviews the writer of The Growing Pains theme "As Long As We Got Each Other" and the themes for Spencer: For Hire and My Sister Sam among many others.
- Had to end on a Thanksgiving note and this is probably the movie most associated with the holiday. I could probably come up with 23 more on top of this list. I'll leave you with the ending which is the best part...