Halloween is almost here which means its time for me to put on my He-Man costume (scary thought, right?) and sugar rush my way through the neighborhood of Weekly Links! Be safe out there if you are taking the kiddos out for some trick-or-treating or if your headed to a party at the Haunted House of Rock.
Today is the LAST DAY to enter the A-Team at 30 Prize Pack Giveaway! Thanks to everyone who has entered and followed along this month. It's been a great ride and hope you new followers will continue to keep the RD80s blog on your radar.
Lot's of fun Halloween links and videos this week, so let's do it!
Halloween 2012 Oingo Boingo - Ron Berry Youtube channel
- I stumbled onto this video recently and had to share. "Dead Man's Party" set to lights!
- So there's this non profit organization called the Internet Archive that is creating in-browser versions of classic Atari, Apple II, and Commodore 64 games for historical purposes...sounds like I need to do some "research" at work this week.
- Old School Tim sits down for some "face to face" time with the co-writer of the Silver Spoons theme.
Back to the Future In Real Life - Improv Everywhere Youtube channel
- Okay, so you remember the video I featured with the guy in the boulder costume chasing Indiana Jones through Central Park? Here is the latest which features two Martys, two Jennifers, Doc Brown, the clock tower lady, a fake clock tower, and a DeLorean.
- Yeah, I totally just linked myself. This was one of the first playlists I put together for the blog about 2 years ago and it's a good starter for compiling Halloween party music.
Thought I'd end with this classic Monster cereal commercial from the 80s. Remember wax lips and such? I never knew what to do with them, chew like gum or save for later? Anyway, I was thrilled to hear that General Mills was bringing back all 5 cereals this year and have managed to get my hands on all of them in the classic boxes. Now, gotta figure out how to put them on display...